14 April, 2017

Mordheim: 3 Beastmen



3 henchmen for my Cult of the Possessed warband.

They are all painted using a "zenith lighting" primer technique. Basically, each model is primed black first, followed by white primer sprayed from a 45 degree angle from the top of the miniature. This creates natual "highlights" (the white primer), or pre-sharing (the black areas not hit by the white primer). Call it what you want.

The big trick here is that you can then work shades and washes over the surfaces creating intanttly shaded AND highlighted areas. So in the case of these beastmen being white, for their skin I added subtle shading of purple and pink tones around the mouth and eyes, and some yellowish light browns around the main muscles to blend the transition between the white and black pre-shading. I always re-emphazise the highlights and sometimes the shading also, but the midtones areas can be left finished after that initial wash.

I am really happy with these chaos beasts. Currently, I have the two beastmen with 2 weapons each fighting as henchmen in my warband. Now if only one of these could make it to become a hero in the next advance roll...

8 comments:

  1. Very effective - I may have to try that technique. I use zenithal priming for 'special' models, but then bury it under paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I love the old metal gor :)

    I use the zenithal undercoat myself and I find it very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this series so far. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Decision wheel is a tool to help you decide what business to start. It's based on the concept of Spin the wheel with different options. Each option is linked to a business idea that you can take in turns to try out. Spin the wheel is a new way to share your decisions with others. Share the results of your decision-making in real-time, across all channels and devices.

    ReplyDelete